Odisha Forest & Wildlife gk PDF || Odisha gk PDF
1. The forests of Odisha are divided into how many types?
3. Which type of forest of Odisha has the most striking feature of the
absence of bamboo growth?
A. The Northern Tropical Moist Deciduous Region
B. The Northern Tropical Dry Deciduous Region
C. The Northern Tropical Semi-Evergreen Region
D. The Coastal Forests
5. Which National Park is famous for its white tiger population?
A. Similipal National Park
B. Balukhand Sanctuary
C. Nandankanan National Park
D. None of the above
7. With reference to Nandankanan National Park, the word
‘Nandankanan’ literally means
A. Garden of Miseries
B. Garden of Pleasure
C. Garden of Gods
D. Garden of Sorrow
8. The tidal forest at the mouth of the Mahanadi is often referred to as:
A. Sabari Basin
B. Chilika Lake
C. Great Sunderbans
D. Little Sunderbans
11. Which of the following is a Biosphere Reserve in Odisha?
12. Which of the following is a Bird Sanctuary in Odisha?
13. Which is a Carnivore Mammals found in Odisha?
14. According to the Wildlife Sanctuary Survey the approximate number of
reptile species in Odisha are:
15. “Irrawaddy” a term found in the lexicon of wildlife population, refers to
a type of:
D. Black Buck
16. “Black Bucks” a type of wildlife species are seen mostly in the
C. Ganjam D. Balasore
17. Which of the following is correct with regard to the number of elephants in Odisha in 2007?
18. The Gahirmatha Marine Sanctuary was officially declared in the
19. The Gahiramatha Sanctuary in Odisha covering an area of 1435 sq. km is the largest nesting ground in the world for:
C. Olive Ridley Turtles
20. The Chilika (Nalabana) Wildlife Sanctuary is not only ideal habitat for migratory birds but also for which of the following endangered species?
A. Emu Bird
C. Irrawaddy Dolphin
D. Black Buck
21. Which of the following became the first zoo in India to join the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA)?
A. Nandankanan Zoological Park, Bhubaneswar
B. Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, Darjeeling
C. Indira Gandhi Zoological Park, Visakhapatnam
D. National Zoological Park, Delhi
22. Chilika Lake was declared a Ramsar Site in which year?
C. 1981 D. 1985
23. The Nandankanan Zoological Park was established in:
24. Consider the following statements.
1. Karlapat Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the Kalahandi district.
2. Gahiramatha Marine Sanctuary is located in the Kendrapara district.
Which of the following statement is/are true?
A. Only 1
B. Only 2
C. Both (1) and (2)
D. Neither (1) nor (2)
25. The Blackbucks (Krishna Sara or ballerina) a typical species in
Odisha are seen at places in:
A. Cuttack and Nayagarh districts
B. Jajpur and Bhadrak districts
C. Puri and Ganjam districts
D. Bolangir and Sonepur districts
27. Similipal National Park is located in the district of:
28. Similipal National Park has taken its name from the abundance of simple that bloom vividly in the region. Seoul is type of ……
A. silk cotton
C. medicinal plant
D. aquatic plant
29. Similipal National Park spreads over a core area of about:
A. 1559 sq km
B. 950 sq km
C. 1075 sq km
D. 845 sq km
30. Similipal National Park was declared a Biosphere Reserve of India
in the year:
31. The dominant vegetation type in the Bhitarakanika National Park is:
32. Uskakothi (Badrama) wildlife Sanctuary was established in:
33. Which of the following twin hills are also known as Kumargiri and
A. Khandagiri – Udaygiri
B. Laitgiri – Ratnagiri
C. Puspagiri – Lalitagiri
D. Ratnagiri – Khandagiri
34. Tikarapara Crocodile Sanctuary houses:
A. Gharial crocodile
B. Marsh crocodile
C. Estuarine (Baula) Crocodile
D. All of these
35. Karlapat Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the district of:
36. ‘Arribada’ in Odisha refers to:
A. A fresh water lake in north Odisha
B. A place of religious importance
C. A place where the Olive Ridley turtles lay eggs
D. A place where Irrawadi Dolphins are reared in Chilika
37. Similipal National Park was designated as a Biosphere of India in
38. Which of the following houses bisons (gayala) in particular?
A. Ushakothi Sanctuary
B. Mahanadi Baisipali Sanctuary
C. Similipal Sanctuary
D. Chandaka Sanctuary
39. Sundabeda Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which among the following
40. Baisipalli Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the district of: