Odisha Agriculture || Odisha Gk Objective Questions PDF, Video
1. Agricultural sector does NOT include:
A. Animal Husbandary
2. Agriculture as an item is included in which of List of the Constitution of India?
A. Union List
B. State List
C. Concurrent List
D. Supplementary List
3. Animal Disease Research Institute is situated in:
A. Ranpur (Nayagarh)
B. Brahmagiri (Puri)
C. Phulnakhara (Cuttack)
D. Chandrapur (Rayagada)
4. Which of the following districts were included in the ‘Dandakaranya Proiect’?
A. Malkanagiri & Nawarangpur
B. Nayagarh & Khurda
C. Koraput & Nayagarh
D. Kandhamal & Bolangir
5. Which type of nature vegetation presents an Oxero phylous character
A. Tropical Semi-evergreen
B. Tropical Moist deciduous
C. Tropical Dry deciduous
D. Coastal Forests
6. The tribes men of Bhuinyas call their shifting cultivation as:
7. ‘Podu Gudia’ one kind of shifting cultivation in south Odisha is
8. In which district of Odisha, the shifting cultivation is known as
9. Shellac, the chief natural plastic substance is NOT extracted from
the tree of:
10. The Govt. of India setup the Dandakaranya Development Authority
11. The suitable place for the production of Potato in Odisha is:
A. Coastal bed
B. Slopping hill
D. Eastern Ghats
12. The Government of Odisha has signed an agreement with the APEDA
for setting up an Agricultural Export Zone (AEZ) on:
A. Ginger and Turmeric
B. Rice and Maize
C. Chilli and Tabacco
D. Sugarcane and Groundnut
14. Shifting cultivation is known as …… in Odisha in local language.
15. Which of the following districts of Odisha is famous for Coffee
16. The Central Horticulture Experiment Centre is located at:
A. Chaudwar (Cuttack)
B. Belpahar (Jharsuguda)
C. Dumduma (Bhubanewar) D. Remuna (Balasore)
17. Which is the second most important Agricultural region in Odisha?
A. The Vamsadhara Valley
B. The Rushikulya Main
C. The lower Brahmani Valley
D. The upper Mahanadi Valley
18. Brown forest soil type is mostly found in:
19. Shifting cultivation in the hilly regions of Odisha is known in different
local names. In Sambalpur it is known as:
20. Shellac, a natural plastic substance used as a chief raw material
for bangle making in Odisha, is obtained from the species of:
21. Which of the following can generally be considered as the second
most important cash crop in Odisha in area as well as production?
22. The upper Mahanadi valley is dominated by which of the following
23. ATMAS operated in a number of districts of Odisha with regard to
A. Soil Testing Laboratories
B. Project of OUT on pulses
C. Knowledge centre for farmers
D. Financial Assistance programmes
24. ATMA stands for:
A. Advanced Technology Management Agency
B. Applied Technology Model Agency
C. Agricultural Technology Management Agency
D. Agricultural Taxation Management Action
25. The National Horticultural Mission was launched by the Central
Goverment in which financial year?
26. Western Odisha Rural Livelihood Project (WORLP) is assisted by:
B. World Bank
27. Contract Farming in agriculture has been given official recognition
under which of the following act?
A. Odisha Agriculture Regulatory Act (ORA, 2003).
B. Odisha Agricultural Product Marketing (Amendment) Act,
C. Biju Krushak Vikas Yojana
D. None of the above
28. The Agricultural Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha
Limited (APICOL) was established in:
29. The Central Rice Research Institute at Cuttack was established in:
30. The Odisha Agro Industries Corporation (OIC) came into being in:
31. Biju Krushak Vikash Yojana (BKVY) was launched by State
34. OMFED Stands for:
A. Odisha Milk Farmers’ Enterprise Development Ltd.
B. Odisha Marginal Farmers’ Federation Ltd.
C. Odisha State Cooperative Milk Producers Federation Ltd.
D. Odisha State Milk Producers Federation Ltd.
35. OMFED was established in the year:
36. River Valley Projects (RVP) is operational in all of the following
37. Which of the following developmental programmes is also known as
A. Watershed Mission
B. Odisha Rural Livelihood Programme
C. Drought Prone Area Programme
D. National Food Security Mission
38, The National Food Security Mission was launched in which financial
39. APICOL (Agricultural Promotion and Investment Goropration Lid)
was established in which year?