Equipment/Instruments and their uses
Accelerometer:- An instrument used to measure the rate of increase of the speed of the vehicle.
2 Accumulator :- It is a device for storing electrical energy.
3 Actinometer: – An instrument used to measure the intensity of the Sun’s rays.
4 Aerometer: – is an instrument for measuring the weight and density of air and gases.
5 Altimeter: – An instrument used to measure the height of planes.
6 Ammeter: – An instrument used to measure electric current in amperes.
7 Anemometer :- It is an instrument to measure the force and speed of wind.
8 Epicoiscope:- A device used to show opaque pictures on the screen.
9 Audiometer:- An instrument used to measure the intensity of sound.
10. Audiophone:- A device placed in the ear to aid in hearing.
11 Auriscope: – An instrument used to observe the inner part of the ear.
12 Avometer:- A device used to detect faults in the radio.
13 Barograph: – An instrument to graph the change in atmospheric pressure
14. Barometer:- Instrument measuring atmospheric pressure
15. Binoculars :- An instrument used to magnify objects
16. Bolometer :- instrument for measuring heat radiation
17 Calipers: – An instrument used to measure the inside and outside diameter of cylindrical objects.
18 Calorimeter :- An instrument to measure the amount of heat
19 Carburator :- Equipment used in internal combustion petrol engines
20. Cardiogram: – An instrument used to measure the heart rate of a person.
21. Cardiograph :- device used to record heart rate
22 Cathetometer :- An instrument used to measure height, level etc. in scientific experiments.
23 Cathode Ray Tube :- A tube-like device used in the emission of electrons etc.
24 Chronometer :- An instrument used to find the exact time in ships
25. Commutator:- Device to change the direction of electric current / Device to convert AC to DC